Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

HURRICANE

I just wanted to write and tell you that we survived the hurricane.  It has been quite an experience. We only got power earlier today, we lost it Monday afternoon.  No heat, our food went bad, no hot water.  2 boys home from school for a week.  1 husband trying to get to work, yet be here for us.  A tree split in half vertically in our back yard, and we are worried that the piece that is left is going to come down too.  If that happens, it will destroy our shed, and our deck, and possibly our house.  We are waiting for the insurance person to come next week.  Our food went bad so we lost that, and we had lunch meat and milk out on the porch, because it was as cold as the fridge!

Even our grocery store had no power.  

But, we survived!  And we are very grateful!!  It could have been so much worse.  So many have lost so much.  We went to a different grocery store today and almost couldn't get there.  so many power lines are down, and trees are in the streets.  There is a shortage on gas, and many stations are closed because they have no gas.  We can only get gas on certain days, depending on your license plate number.  It is shocking to see.  And sad.

So much to be grateful for.  It is times like these that show us how strong we are, and how lucky.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of the people who are still suffering.  May they get some peace soon.

Thank you all for your wonderful emails and stuff.  I am so grateful that you thought of us.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You have no idea how much you mean to me!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Daniella,

    I am so glad you and your family are all right.
    Sent you a couple of emails checking on you after the hurricane but I guess it was while you had no power.

    Could you email me to make sure I sent it to the right address, please?

    Take care.

    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart just aches for you, but I applaud you for your strength and perseverance in such a difficult time. You never seem to have lost sight of how very lucky you are, even in this difficult time. You are amazing! I truly hope things improve for all of you soon. You are in my prayers.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniella it is with great gratitude that you and your family are safe and doing better from the storm. Your attitude is amazing and your strength is the power that will guide you through this very difficult time. My prayers continue for all who are suffering in the wake of the storm. Healing Hugs Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pleased to hear that you are all OK.
    Your positive attitude is inspiring.
    Big (((hugs))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniella- I am so glad that you came through the hurricane safely. I can not even begin to imagine what you must be living through. I certainly hope that tree doesn't crash down and that you can get it removed shortly. Blessings to you, my sweet friend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your okay Daniella. We are still without power.

    That was one crazy storm!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad your okay Daniella. We are still without power.

    That was one crazy storm!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete