Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

CHINESE NEW YEAR CHALLENGE

Happy Tuesday!

Today I'm sharing a necklace I made for the Altered Arts Challenge "Chinese New Year".

I used the Altered Pages Collage Sheet Asian Glass Slides.  I cut the images into 1x1 inch to add to the Ranger Memory Frames that I had.  I used some faux pearls on the ends and used seam binding for the actual "necklace" part.  I have a chain that I was going to use but I thought the ribbon looked nicer.  It measures approximately 18 inches long with the ribbon tied, but can be made longer or shorter.

I also put collage images in the back of the necklace.

Since I couldn't take a picture of it on myself (i tired) I thought who would be a better model than Hello Kitty!  I have soooooo much Hello Kitty stuff.  I've never shown you my studio.  You may think it's too much, but I don't!  I have everything Hello Kitty.  This Hello Kitty only one of many.  I have 3 white, 2 gold, 1 pink, 1 purple, 1 red, 1 tan.  There are plenty more, but we can visit them another time!!

Here is a close up of the necklace.


I hope you make beautiful things with Altered Pages Products, and join us on the challenge blog!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kitty looks tres chic with your beautiful Asian inspired memory necklace. I love the blue ribbon ties. Beautifully created my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey one spunky hello kitty wearing all that bling. Great creation.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Daniella, gorgeous design and idea. LOVE it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great necklace... but really came to say how much I adored your ATCs over at Altered Arts today!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete