Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

APRIL CREATE TO LIVE CHALLENGE

I have been Facebook Friends with Susan K Weekesser for some time, but only recently became acquainted with her AWESOME blog, {My Sweet Earth}.  She holds a challenge there called the Create To Live Challenge.  She wants us to create a project from an image she provides.
Susan says "This challenge is for you to use the color and message themes in the picture above.  Take some creative liberty here to create based on how this picture makes you feel.  What does it inspire in you?  What creative ideas jump out at you first? 


 When I saw this image, my eye was immediately drawn to the tile-like background on the left.  I made 1" squares from scrap papers that were in my scrap paper bin, made a grid in my Art Journal, and glued them down in an interesting way using the colors in the picture.  I went over the grid and inchies with some inks and a stencil.  Next, I used a floral stencil and traced around it.  I colored the leaves, flowers and butterflies with some ultra fine Bic Mark It markers.  I hand drew a vase, cut flowers from the reverse side of the colored paper and glued them to the left.  I wrote "Celebrate" on the vase and used my label maker to print out the words of inspiration.
I had so much fun making this layout!  I wish I had a better picture to show, but there is nothing but rain and grey skies here.  No sun tomorrow either! But the sun will be here this weekend, and I intend to do some "Sun Worshiping" then!

Please visit Susan K. Weckesser's blog no matter what!  The amazing artists she has make beautiful things!  BUT, if you do decide to join the challenge, there is an awesome prize!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh My Heavens Daniella Dear!!! You have done a fabulous job of interpreting this challenge and making it your very own. I love your layout honoring all that is precious in life. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know this artist, will have to check her out. Brilliant interpretation of yours, good for you, love it.

    Happy crafting.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 47
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful interpretation, I love it.

    ReplyDelete