Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A MASCULINE CARD

If you know me, you know I always do very girly and ornate cards.  But while looking through my Moxxie papers, I found the Nautical collection and thought it would make awesome masculine cards!  This line would also be fabulous for the 4th of July because of the colors.  Moxxie does have 4th of July paper HERE, but this collection would work just fine!

I started with the "Land Ho" patterned paper for the base and used the Nautical Collection Die Cuts for the frame, telescope, anchor and the ship.  I glued the ship to the paper and added the frame on top with pop dots.  I distressed the ship and frame with sandpaper.  I love how the frame is crooked, like it's handmade.  I couldn't help myself, I had to add gauze!  Just a little in the corner.  Maybe it looks like it's so old it's a cobweb, or it could be like fishing net!  I wanted some red on the frame so I colored a piece of corrugated cardboard and attached it to the bottom corner and layered the die cuts and Nautical Stickers on it.  To make it balanced I added some thin twine and a red sicker to the top corner.  The scalloped border on the bottom is another sticker.  Maybe men like a few blue rhinestones??  I Hope so because I added a few!!

Do you like making masculine cards???

xxDaniella


No comments:

Post a Comment