Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

WOYWW!!

Yes friends!  It is that time again! Time to show us what your work desk REALLY looks like.  Please start at Julia's blog and leave her a comment!!

I've had a large lapse in Art Journaling.  And I hate that I haven't had more time.  So recently, I met Terri Sproul who is an awesome artist and has a group on Facebook called "All Things Terri Sproul" and people who watch her weekly YouTube live show can post their art there.  She shows us how she art journals and inspires us to do the same.  Very good stuff!!  If you can't make the live show, you can watch it anytime on YouTube.  So I've been hanging out there and several people asked about my art journals.  I have them on my desk today.  Some are finished, some have pages left waiting to be filled.  I have more than this, but they are still in 30 gallon totes from when we moved here 2 1/2 years ago!  They are in the room that is the last to renovate waiting for a closet that may eventually show up.  So this is what I have now.

I have 11 journals here.  6 are completely filled.  This is a side view.

This is a view from the top.  On top, I have a sketch book and a zen doodle book on the left and my gratitude journal that should have been done months ago.

I love looking at the side view and seeing all the completed pages! 

I made my first page in months after Terri gave us a prompt and technique to try.  This is what I made.

I LOVE this page!!  The writing on top says "Art is not a thing, it is a way!"  Isn't that the truth? I used my Splash Inks that I got from Altered Pages, and some distress ink and markers.  I hope you enjoy it and maybe get your journal out and jump in again!!

Enjoy the party!!

22 comments:

  1. OOOOOOH! What great journal pages!! I don't have quite that many journals.....LOL only a few, but you are an inspiration!!!
    Krisha #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniella you rock girlfriend! Love the journal page. Wow that is pretty big collection you have created. How cool is that to meet an artist from YouTube. So many great crafters on there. I get sucked in watching them.

    Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day!
    Belinda (20)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your journal pages, and enjoyed seeing those completed journals. It's always fun to see books filled and the wrinkly pages the end product creates. Happy WOYWW from #2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Look at all those journals! Thanks for the tip, will go and visit. Great page! patsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE collecting journals of all kinds, Moleskine, Strathmore Visual Journals, Global Art Watercolor Journal, Altered books, Teesha Moores 16 pg journal. Have you ever checked out Valerie Jodin's Gratitude Journal? (she uses Teesha's 16 pg journal) I highly recommend checking her out visual blessings.com . I'll definitely check out Terri Sproul. Your Journal page is amazing!! thanks for sharing. (((HUGS)))
    Kim
    WOYWW #6
    http://www.happyhomeschoolroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Look at all those Journals. I never yet managed to make 1 Page never mind a whole Journal
    Happy WOYWW
    Silvia#32

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely pile of journals, hope you get right back in there now!! Helen, 17

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'll have to check out terri, I haven't heard of her before! great pages and I love to see journals all piled up :)
    happy WOYWW and have a fun week :)
    no. 31

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing more satisfying than seeing a lovely pile of things you have made! I had to laugh at the not unpacked in 2 and half years... if I did that, I would be in another country and trying to remember what was in the boxes!! LOL Happy WOYWW from Annette #7

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is a lot of books. Love your latest artwork. Always love that satisfied feeling when something works. #62

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love art journaling - it's just so relaxing and worthwhile. How lovely that you were inspired to create this wise and lovely page. I only started to art journal in December last yr and I am on my second book, but I'm really interested in learning more so I'll seek out that You tube. Julie Ann #55

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your journals look great All piled up there!
    Will have two check out that link as I have not heard of her but your journal page looks great
    Jackie 15

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's a lot of journals but can I say your page is fab! I love the depth and inspiring words. Am sure you'll be back regularly journalling now. Take care Zo xx 65

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Journals, I do work in mine a lot - also watch tons of videos, but I dont think I have come across Terri before, just had a look at your links and made a note before I loose hours watching her videos.

    Lynda #82

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pages and it looks like the prompts from Terri are just what you needed. Amazing number of journals.
    Sandra de @84

    ReplyDelete
  16. WoWza - great journal collection - what a busy bee :-) The zentangles look cool too :-)

    Happy WOYWW

    IKE x #94

    ReplyDelete
  17. I dabble in art journaling, but nothing that I can show to the world yet. Yours look great!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #33

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I did not know this about you - a journaler and a journal hoarder! Lovely, nothing like a stack of completed anything in my opinion. And I love that you've found someone who can inspire you to get going again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this page too! Very strong expression!
    Happy WOYWW
    Gabriele 58

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh darn !@#$*#@ the time zones-I always have to work during Terri's live shows and I would love to be there-I try to catch as catch can on you tube later. LOVE your pages- good job getting back to it. It's easy to neglect the personal stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Daniella! I love that workshop of yours- you are always busy with something. That last page is something special!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now see, you fill the journals, but I'm all into making the journals--I need to start filling!! Wow, that's great you have so many full up, Daniella. And you're right, that quote is very true.

    Thank you for stopping by this woyww!
    :)trisha
    #26 this week

    ReplyDelete