Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

IRIS PAPER FOLDING

I have a really awesome project to share with you today!!

I was thinking of something to make for the Niji Yasutomo Company and BANG!  It hit me!
Iris Folding!!!

I haven't seen or heard this in a long time so I was so excited to make this!!!
We were given so many beautiful origami papers to work with, I couldn't wait to get them out!

I took out 4 different types of paper.  I took 1 piece from each pack to get 2 yellow and 2 blue.

Then, I cut a vase out of a piece of white cardstock.



I had to make flowers to come out of the vase (the vase looks good with just that awesome yellow zebra print paper!!).  I got to use the Yasutomo Watercolors and Niji Water brushes for the first time and they are AMAZING!!!  I am no painter by any stretch of the imagination but these products make it so easy!   I am shocked by how awesome my flowers and leaves are!!

NOW, the iris folding.
Pick at least 4 different patterns/colors of paper.  Cut them into one inch strips.  Then, fold them in half.  You will have half inch strips to begin your project.

This system of attaching paper is done on the back of your die cut paper.  It will go in a circle one piece at a time.  You start on the left of the cut out and tape your strip of paper along that edge.  Always tape it with the folded side in the die cut.  Keep going around in a circle, adding paper.  Look at the shape and apply the papers in different colors for each section of the shape.  For example, I wanted the neck of my vase to be blue so as I made my circle of paper I made sure the top of the shape always had blue paper.


Flip your paper over every now and then to be sure your circle is looking awesome!!!

At the end, there will be a hole in the center.  Put a coordinating paper background on it.  I added another, larger piece to make a nice matting.  I also added some yellow pastel to the outside.

Thanks for visiting!!  You can find all of the products I used at the Yasutomo.com site.
Have an awesome day!!
SUPPLIES:
Yasutomo Fold'ems Origami Paper "solids" 4251 and "animals" 4804
Yasutomo Yuzen Paper 4337 and Blue 4336
Yasutomo Authentic Chinese Watercolors CP12
Niji Oil Pastels
Niji Water Brush Small


1 comment: