Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

USED DRYER SHEET ARTICLE!!!

I have been reusing my dryer sheets for a very long time.  And lately, I'm noticing a trend in paper that reminds me of  used dryer sheets.  It is fiber paper, or thread paper, or even thin wire paper.  Paper where you see the fibers (or whatever) in the paper.  When I first saw it, I really wanted to get some, but it was super expensive!!!  So, I took my used dryer sheets and started experimenting.

First, I had to color my new "paper", so I used food coloring in water.  It took a few attempts to get the look I wanted, but that just gave me more dryer sheets to play with!!  Then, I ran the dyed sheets under cold water until the water ran clear and hung them up to dry.
My homemade clothes line.  Some thin rope in my closet!!


This tag has bits of dryer sheet on top and on the bottom.

This tag has a blue dryer sheet in the background.

I hope you enjoyed my little "upcycling" article.  You can find it in the latest Altered Arts Magazine!!  How awesome is that???

6 comments:

  1. That is so awesome you very crafty lady! I love this!
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gal, how glad I am I got to stop by today. This is a great idea and every time I use a dryer sheet I think what can I do with this. I love your info and your items. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using dryer sheets for lots of things. Your coloring them really adds so much interest to your artwork. Congratulations on your article. Great idea dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a great idea! I hope you are as well as can be! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Daniella! Tags are beautiful. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the transluscent look that these dryer sheets give.

    ReplyDelete