Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

MIXED MEDIA LAYOUT "BEAUTY"

So, my AWESOME layout I showed on Wednesday is properly photographed and ready to show!


I distressed my 12" x 12" background paper first.  Then I used stencils, bubble wrap and inks for interest.  I cut a 10" x 10" piece of cardboard and covered it with sewing pattern tissue paper.  I stitched the background papers together.  Next, I added more stencils and inks to the center of the background.  Then,  I stamped my Prima Doll Stamp on ivory cardstock and colored her in.  I fussy cut her out and attached her to the center with foam dots.  I stamped the sentiment and the border around it, fussy cut it out and attached it with gel medium.


 Now for the FUN part!  Decorating your piece!  I love adding the details!  Here is a close up of the lower left corner.  I sprayed the wood embellishments with white spray ink, made some rolled paper roses, and added a yellow flower.  Do you see the hints of spray ink droplets?  Or the bits of the stenciling?  I LOVE that!!

The upper left corner was much whiter so the cranberry ink I used to stencil with really shows!  I sprayed the wood butterfly embellishments white and added some crystal swirls.  I think there should always be swirls of some kind with butterflies!  The wood leaf finished this area up nicely.


Thanks so much for visiting!  Have an awesome day!!

xxDaniella



No comments:

Post a Comment