Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

CHALLENGE

I have mentioned working for Altered Arts Magazine before, I'm sure.  But now, I have a couple of "new" jobs too.

With the Magazine came the Kit Club that the magazine owned.  But the Magazine sold the club to Altered Pages and  with that sale came me!!  LOL!!  I was asked by Altered Pages to stay on designing for the idea book that comes with the kit.  I said yes, of course.  And that brought me to design for Altered Pages too!!!  They are an online store that sells fabulous art supplies at insanely low prices.

OK, so Altered Pages also has a Challenge Blog.  Every month they give a theme, and the design team makes a sample for all of  you as inspiration.  This month's theme is Red Heart/Golden Festival.  YOU can win a prize if you link up to the challenge!  And, I can win a prize too, if you go HERE and vote for me!!!  Sweet deal, right???

Here is my piece.  I am giving it to my husband for Valentines Day
It is a library pocket and tag.  Most Valentines seem so girly, don't they?  I stamped an Italian poetry stamp on the whole pocket, and painted the whole pocket with NIJI watercolor paint.   Then I put a metal pen nib on it pointing to the day.  Fun, right?


I painted the tag with the watercolor paints again so it shimmers.  The tag has a jar stamped on it and I stamped 2 hearts and cut them out and put them inside with foam dots.  It says "I love you" on the bottom.

SO there it is.  The story if my recent travels!!!  I'm just starting to get used to my new routine.  Remember, Time Management and Priorities! 

I hope you join us!!  Just click the link above. 

I will be back to tell you about my whole house renovation tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Daniella Dear Congratulations on your continued and new jobs. Lucky them! This Valentine is very unique and works very well for a man. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...
    I voted for you!!!

    ReplyDelete